Depression can feel like a daily struggle. After all, it can lead to a lack of interest in daily life, impact drive, and poor hygiene dietary, and exercise habits. Relationships can be impacted in a negative way and performance in the workplace can become poor. How can you take preventative action to lessen the impact of depression in your everyday life? Consider these 4 tips:
1.)Get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is vital for proper motor function and allows the brain to reset to take on the next day. Better sleep can help build a positive mindset by allowing the brain to think more clearly, which can allow for better productivity at the workplace. Adults are recommended to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night. To get the most out of those hours, consider shutting off electronics an hour before bed for a more peaceful sleep.
2.)Eat healthy. The body and mind depend on a healthy diet to function at its best. A healthy diet can have a positive effect mentally and physically. Although there is no diet that cures depression, these foods may help with depression:
- Water: Stay hydrated with 8 or more cups per day
- Dark leafy green vegetables: Help fight against inflammation
- Walnuts: Full of brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids
- Blueberries, oranges, cantaloupe: Rich with cell-repairing antioxidants
- Avoid excessive alcohol use: Excessive alcohol use and depression can create a terrible spiral. Using alcohol to avoid the problems at hand is not the answer to a healthy life.
3.)Find comfort in close friends and family. Having a community of supportive loved ones can create stability in your life. Life can be difficult with depression and you shouldn’t go through it alone.
4.)Create a healthy outlet to focus on. Picking up an old hobby, creating a collection, or diving into a new book can all be enjoyable uses of your time and may help take focus away from your depressive symptoms.
Pharmasite Research in Pikesville, MD is currently enrolling for a depression clinical research study. Sign up to learn more!